Sunday, March 11, 2007

Do irreconcilable eggplant differences override a cococut connection?



I am in another quandary today. Patrick and I went back to the scrumptious, mouth-watering yummy Annam Vietnamese restaurant yesterday. We had the same thing as last time -- chicken curry for me and a beef and tomato rice dish for him. (As I said in my earlier post, it was a comfortable sort of weekend.)

The chicken curry dish is made with sweet potatoes and roasted eggplant. I said to Patrick that I just can't imagine anything better than roasted eggplant. I mean, really. It's delicious!

Well, he responded that he hates eggplant. The word "yuck" may have entered into the conversation. I'm not sure, though, because I pretty much stopped listening to him at that point.

Can a person get a divorce over irreconcilable eggplant differences? It should certainly be allowed. I would check with an attorney, but he redeemed himself by finishing every last spoonful of the refreshingly sweet coconut ice cream we ordered for dessert. Lucky thing that we share a cocount connection!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Eggplant is terrible. And it's a nutrional weakling, so it's awful for several reasons, but mostly because of taste.

Now coconut, there's a sure fire way to ruin ice-cream, brownies, cupcakes... Pretty much everything. I hate coconut too.

But wait. Before you try to divorce me as your friend, remember this: I'm the girl who'd relish Donutville USA at 2 a.m. and challenge the old men to bouts of Pac Man.

I've never met a Pac Man game I didn't like, and I play whenever I see one. Bars, restaurants, Donutville USA... Just ask Paul. I school him every time.

So it would be good to know me... Because I could be your Pac Man doubles partner and help you win games against smokin', donut eatin' old men.

And that's the kind of friend you need in the big city. Not the kind that eats eggplant and coconut.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd never divorce you, of course. But I'm even more impressed after learning of your superb Pac Man abilities.