Monday, March 5, 2007

If you had a flavor, what would it be?



Colbert's got his own Ben and Jerry's flavor. From the press release:

Stephen Colbert is donating his proceeds from the sale of AMERICONE DREAM to charity through The Stephen Colbert AmeriCone Dream Fund. The Fund will support charities of concern to Stephen such as food and medical assistance for disadvantaged children, helping veterans and their families, and environmental causes. Said Colbert, “I will save the world.”

If I had a flavor -- Detroit Dynamo -- it would be Godiva chocolate ice-cream with dark chocolate chips and Chianti-flavored raspberry swirls. It would be served on a pizzelle and drizzled with a Rioja reduction. Yes, people, Detroit is that cool!

My charities would certainly include no-kill animal shelters. I would also contribute to my favorite union -- UCAP. (UCAP stands for United Cats Against Phoebe, which has recently increased its membership by 100 percent from 2 cats to 4, including the addition of my parents' 2 cats. But as with most unions, UCAP desperately seeks more members and could use the additional funding. I love you, Phoebe, but I grew up in a union household and have got to support the cats.)

Patrick's Mouthfulla Murph would be potato-flavored ice cream in a reused plastic cup. He said his charity would be the UBPA (United Brotherhood for Pale Ale).

No comments: