Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our campgrounds.



We'll be staying near this spot at Keewaydin State Park Wednesday. I got my first fishing license ever just for the occasion (along with the aforementioned Coleman French Press coffeemaker). And what a coincidence! My brand new fishing pole is a Shakespeare. It apparently fits right in with the theme of this trip -- culture and relaxation.

But know this: I plan to try my best not to catch anything. And despite the fact that Patrick thinks I should be using worms or other live bait, I'm tempted not to use bait at all -- or even a hook. Instead, I intend to sit with my feet hanging over the edge of the rocks lining the river, casting my bobbered line on occasion, sipping some iced tea and reading my book. Really, I just want get the feel of being Ernest Hemingway without actually doing any work. The only temptation to actually use a hook is that I bought this adorable little pink and white fishing lure. We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But...why are there boats right by your campsite?

Anonymous said...

Well, our campsite is actually a few hundred yards from there within the same park.

:)