Saturday, July 14, 2007

Old time candy store



Well, apparently you can't go back in time. My mum and I visited this candy store on our path at the Wyandotte Art Festival, and I almost couldn't decide what to get. Baked beans? No. Lemonheads? Wax lips? Those swirlie sugary sticks that come in watermelon and strawberry and every other flavor?

Or my beloved zotz?

No, I chose my old standby -- the Swedish fish. The little plastic bag was about $2.69. (Retro candy ain't cheap.) Let's just say that I could only eat about four of them. And I tried again the next day to eat a couple more, but that is a lotta sugar.

So the Swedish fish landed in the trash. Poor fish. They are a nice memory that need to remain just that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are the choco-babies and button candies and rock-candy pops and licorice whips?