Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ypsilanti, Mich.

Here's a quick shot of the Depot Town area of Ypsilanti, where we stopped after eating a burger at Sidetrack Bar and Grill, which GQ said has one of the best burgers in the nation.

I would have to agree. My Sidetrack Famous Burger Deluxe with gorgonzola cheese and a side of sweet potato fries with some sort of horseradish aioli were out of this world! (I actually sent two pictures of the burger from my mobile blogging device but they won't post. I'm beginning to think my blog might be vegetarian!)

Anyway, Patrick had a yummy Edmund Fitzgerald Porter from the Great Lakes Brewing Company, which he said tasted like a chocolate milkshake with alcohol. Mmm. After that, I made him try the Darkhorse Raspberry Ale from the Darkhorse Brewing Company in Marshall, Michigan.

He said it was the type of fruity wheat beer that Gina might like. I'm not sure what that meant, Gina, but feel free to answer that snarky comment in the posts section.

:)

1 comment:

Gina said...

Gina on snark alert here...

Buuut I'd have to say, that does sound exactly like the kind of beer I'd like. (To smash someone over the head with!)