Saturday, August 11, 2007

Whoo hoooo!



What? It's only August 11?

C'mon August, getta move on. We have a vacation planned to this lovely B&B in Bellaire, MI Labor Day weekend. One of those balconies is ours, and I want to get out there.

Here's a shock, it's been almost one year since we got married. Our anniversary is Aug. 27, so we'll be celebrating our nuptials in lovely Northern Michigan. It's not quite the UP, but it's up there. (Oh yeah, don't forget to send cards!)

I'm pretty excited because I haven't really been to Northern Michigan since I was kid. It's beautiful up there -- reminiscent of scenic upstate New York. I'm just sorry I can't be hitting the Michigan wineries, but hopefully they'll have all sorts of cherry tarts and other delicacies for me to try. I can justify them, too, because I gained a mere pound since my last doctor's visit, and the doctor said it's normal to gain about 2-4 pounds in the first trimester. Cherry pie, here I come.

For those of you who don't know, Michigan is known for its cherry crops and has a big Cherry Festival in Traverse City every year with a cherry pit spit contest, a cherry queen and all sorts of other quirky cherry-related celebrations.


Anyway, we'll be pretty close to Lake Michigan, as you see from the map, so I can't wait to enjoy the area. Should we bring our bikes? Hmmm. There's a thought. Patrick will likely be taking in some Michigan brews, too. There's a nifty nearby brewery -- Shorts Brewing Co. -- that I'm excited for him to try.

Some of the brews awaitin':
Huma-Lupa-Licious IPA
Pandemonium Pale Ale
Pontius Road Pilsner
The Local's Lager
The Bellaire Brown

So August can't zoom by quick enough for me. I'm ready to get outta the heat and enjoy some Northern Michigan breezes, scenic roads, lakeside views and cherries galore. I hope they still have some waiting for me in a few weeks.

No comments: