Monday, September 10, 2007

Whoo hoo!



This may sound crazy, but I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move for the first time today. In fact, it actually felt like she (or he) did a somersault. That might be a little dramatic, but it was close to something like that.

For a brief second I thought, "Well, it could have just been my intestine or something, I guess." Call it mother's instinct, but I felt confident it was actually the baby jostling around in there. So I turned to the best source possible -- Google. And I found this on a health site:

From the fourth month of pregnancy, the baby moves, kicks, sleeps, wakes, swallows, and passes urine. Your baby is now sleeping for about 20 to 30 minutes at a time. Fetal movement will be most obvious when you're sitting or lying down. You may start to feel a slight sensation of movement in your lower abdomen. This feeling is like bubbles or fluttering. When you first feel the baby's movement (called quickening), write down the date. This date helps the doctor determine when your baby is due.

Your baby also becomes much more active, rolling from side to side and turning upside down and back (editor's note: kind of like a somersault). He or she also begins to suck its thumb.

No comments: