Sunday, October 21, 2007

Give me caulk or else!



Some pregnant people crave pickles...or pickles on top of ice-cream. Some even crave dirt.

Me? I crave stuff like caulk. Not to eat, mind you. I'm just talking about craving working with my hands and fixing things. Some of that was cured by taking our plumbing and electrical class. But I just hit my limit of not being able to tinker with things this morning.

See, I was on a disinfecting binge because I'm battling a nasty cold. (The cold has curbed some of my pregnant energy, but it couldn't stop me today.) After disinfecting, I got into a mood where I wanted to throw stuff out. Not having a house of my own, my poor mom had to endure having me point out all the empty pots, raggedy stuffed animals and unknown cords laying around. We got a whole garbage bag of stuff tossed by the time that bout of energy passed.

Well, I couldn't sit for long and decided I really wanted to paint some of the kitchen. Mom nixed that because I'm pregnant but she couldn't hold me back entirely and had to give in when I decided I just had to caulk the kitchen sink.

I've got some other projects in mind but those will have to wait. It's beautiful outside and the dog could use a walk. So could I. I guess I could crave worse things, huh?

No comments: