Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Baby M is a future soccer star!



I could say there is nothing cooler than being able to feel -- or watch -- your growing baby kick from inside your belly, but I'd be wrong. The coolest thing is being able to show your husband how it looks when the baby kicks your belly. That happened today for the first time, and it was amazing!

Baby M was pretty active tonight, kicking away at the inside of my tummy. So I pulled up my shirt to just stare at my stomach for awhile. Sure enough, I could see the little twitches every time a little kick occurred. So I called Patrick over. At first Baby M was being a bit shy, but a few pokes at my stomach jostled its little body enough to get the baby kicking again.

Patrick was able to see two to three good kicks. "I think I saw it," he said after the first one, but he wasn't sure so he found a better angle on the other side of the couch. I jostled the baby with a few pokes again and pow-pow.

"I saw it. There it was," he said pointing at the spot. And then he just sat for a moment, grinning like crazy. "Wow," he said. And then he kissed my belly, and we both sat there for a few minutes with wide, silly, proud smiles on our faces.

Wow is right.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Let's just hope he's not as violent a scooer player as his daddy.

Anonymous said...

Aack. I didn't think of that. We don't need another leg-breaker Murphy in the family!

Gina said...

Ah-hahaha! Good one, Big Bri.

Don't step to Baby M.