Sunday, November 11, 2007

The most important prenatal lesson...



Patrick and I had a marathon session of prenatal classes this weekend, and the most important thing I learned is that all babies -- no matter who they are -- get little mohawks when their photos are taken.

See? That's me on the left and my brother on the right. A quarter century later, the technological advances are amazing, and the preparation that hospitals offer expectant parents is incredible. Birthing is nothing like in my mom's day...except for the mohawks.

Ha ha.

Actually, we learned tons and tons of extremely useful information, culminating in a tour of the birthing room, the NICU and all that. We're tired, but it was really worthwhile. Glad we have tomorrow off to digest everything, as well as wonder how Baby M will look in a wee mohawk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I think I missed out! I don't recall any photos of me with a mohawk, and if this is truly the case, then I'm going to VERY upset with my parents!

Because baby mohawks are freakin' adorable!

You're way cuter than your brother, btw. Don't tell him I said that. (Hi, Geo!) ;)

Also, all the really good nurses end up in the NICU. I was in orientation a few weeks ago with some NICU nurses you could tell they were totally hard-core about saving babies and stuff.

I could tell by the way they said "nickYOO" that that'd thump someone for combing a baby's mohawk down.