Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mom update for Week 28



Here's some TMI from www.pregnancyguideonline.com...

Welcome to the third trimester ~ the period of leg cramps, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, itchy skin, aches and pains, swelling, heartburn, indigestion and . . . your baby's arrival!

Your uterus is around 3 inches above your navel; average weight gain is between 17 and 24 pounds at this point. If you haven't had a glucose tolerance test yet to test for gestational diabetes, your care provider may order one this week.


As for my own wee pregnancy problems, I have experienced the leg cramps that wake me up in the middle of the night, the itchy belly from my growing, stretched out tummy (no stretch marks yet. Yay! Or do those show up later?), a few aches and pains which feel like growing pains in my abdomen, and a little indigestion (you can't imagine how squished up your stomach gets inside your body). Back rubs and massages help with 90 percent of it. For the heartburn, which I've never really wrestled with before, I have come to lovelovelove warm milk with a little honey.

I feel extremely lucky that pregnancy has been easy-going so far. Cross all your fingers.

As for Baby M: heart beat is 145 beats per minute and head is down (good sign).

No comments: