Thursday, December 20, 2007

Belly update week 31



Goodbye small hips. (This picture doesn't do me justice. I'm huge.) Anyway, I've been experiencing these indescribable aches and pains around my upper legs, tailbone and back, but I couldn't pinpoint where they really were -- until today. I think my pelvic bone aches, perhaps because it's preparing to fit a baby.

This is from about.com and pregnancyguideonline.com:

For mom: Your abdomen swells and your rib cage and pelvis may be sore as the baby gets bigger and fills up all the space you have available. While it is really great that your baby is gaining weight and growing strong, you may be in line for different discomforts at this stage of the game, like heartburn and leg cramps.

And for Baby M: The baby's irises can now dilate and contract in response to light. Due to the deposits of white fat underneath the skin, the baby's skin is no longer red but pink, and your baby weighs about three pounds and five ounces (1.5 kilograms). The finger nails may reach the end of the hands. Growth begins to slow a teeny bit, and the brain goes through a period of rapid development. The only major organ left to fully develop is the lungs. If your baby is a boy, his testes begin to descend from the body cavity to the scrotum
.

No comments: