Sunday, December 16, 2007

Big snow in Michigan


We had a big snowstorm in the D -- so much so that we burrowed inside the house for most of the day. (We had planned to go to Ann Arbor today and finalize some shopping, but it was too messy.)

However, the snow turned out to be a small blessing since it forced us to take care of some things indoors -- namely, we put together the baby's chifferobe, practiced how to use the new car seat, washed a bunch of baby clothes in our overpriced Dreft detergent and did a few minor things for the baby shower.

(Okay, my mom and I did many of those things. I think Patrick watched football and toyed with the Web site he's creating for the Project Runway pool. And he put some crucial, annoying screws in the chifferobe.)

All in all, I didn't mind the house arrest. Sometimes, I need to be forced to sit still. A big snowstorm turned out to be just what the doctor ordered.


No comments: