Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cookie catastrophe



So I make a delicious chocolate molten cake, a scrumptious chocolate mousse and pretty damn good creme brulee.

However, I'm disastrous with cookies. Whywhywhy? I don't know because they should be simple. I tried the above chocolate cookies with icing and sprinkles. They looked nice, but the taste was just so-so. (My parents hated them.) Then we tried some butter cookies with raspberry centers. My dad and Patrick liked them; I hated them! (Then again, I hate butter cookies.)

So I ended up making some Brazilian coffee cookies topped with chocolate and nuts. They were passable. I'll take them -- begrudgingly -- to the cookie exchange but I had to go a step further and do some mint truffles and pecan-topped bourbon balls so I could show my face.

Anyone out there have a good cookie recipe, send it!

No comments: