Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions (a guideline)

Last year, I had some pretty doable resolutions, and it made me feel good to accomplish them. This year will bring lots of changes, so it deserves a clear set of guidelines that I can achieve and will enjoy following.

1. Be a loving and caring wife and mom (I snagged this one from Patrick, who said he wanted to be a loving and caring dad and husband).
2. Pet the cats plenty... and brush them.
3. Take long walks with Patrick, Phoebe and the baby.
4. Read a book here and there, not just magazines and Web sites, and not just baby preparation books. Devour the New Yorker!
5. Eat even more fruits and vegetables (I did pretty well with this one last year so I'm putting it back); integrate some organics and add more colors.
6. Try mixing some decaf with my French Roast coffee.
7. Read to the baby -- lots -- everyday. And sing, even if it feels silly.
8. Continue Salsa lessons and go out and dance once in a while.
9. Drink much more water.
10. Go to bed earlier.
11. Surprise people.
12. Send birthday cards on time. (Last year, I had the goal of being a better friend. I think I improved and will try to continue to improve.)
13. Continue exercising -- even if it's tough to schedule.
14. Limit laptop usage. Shut off the TV. Turn on the radio. Talk.
15. Continue to drive slowly. Don't worry about grumpy drivers next to me. They clearly lead terrible lives.
16. Explore new neighborhoods.
17. Thank mom and dad -- often.
18. Read in French once in awhile, especially to the baby. Try Spanish, too.
19. Start cooking again; plan meals ahead.
20. Learn to work the iPod. Find new music.
21. Don't rush.
22. Follow my instincts.
23. Love our little baby like crazy; savor the moments.
24. Take deep breaths.
25. Compromise.
26. Enjoy it!

No comments: