Monday, March 17, 2008

Madeleine, the explorer



I come up with some crazy stories when M. is awake and active. (Parents, I've learned, do some really sil-leeeeee things to keep their babies occupied. Right, parents? You know what I'm talking about.)

Today's story was how M. and I were two explorers in the Galapagos. We discovered this new species -- a cross between a blue-footed Booby (which is a real bird), a caterpillar and a rattlesnake. I, of course, was afraid of it, but M. is fearless so she pulled it from the underbrush to study its bones and fascinating blue feet. (You can see said caterpillar-rattlesnake-blue-footed bird hiding in the brush in the above photo.)


Naturally, thanks to M.'s ingenuity, we become famous in this first explorer series. There's much more to the story, but I'll have to tell you some other time. We've got more exploring to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun story. Can't wait to hear the rest.
Mu auntie PK wondered if you'd received the CD? Apparently it's a good one and works wonders with the lil'uns.
Amanda

Jen said...

AQ,

We got it and love it. I'm going to send her a "thank you" very shortly. That was awesome of her.

:)