Monday, January 22, 2007

Reason #222 to move to Detroit

Me: "Oh damn. I just popped the button off my shirt. Hmmm."

Clip, clop, clip, clop, clip, clop. Creaking basement door opens to upstairs.

Me: "Mom, I just popped the button off my shirt. Do you mend? And um, a button on my coat is loose, too."

Mom: "Gimme my thread."

Ten minutes later.

Creaking basement door opens to upstairs. Clip, clop, clip, clop, clip, clop.

Mom: "Can I come down? Here, I just sewed all the buttons back on your shirt and your coat because I didn't have the same color thread as you had."

Me: "Awwwwww. Thanks, Mom."

I may be 32, but it's still nice to have my mom fix my buttons.

1 comment:

Gina said...

True story: I took three sweaters and a pair of pants home with me last time to have my mom sew on buttons and mend a hole.

Sure, I could it myself. But she's better at it and I suspect she likes doing it for me.