Saturday, February 3, 2007

Opa!



After a long, hard day's work, Patrick and I were looking for somewhere downtown that was open late where we could get a quick bite. We had to look no further than Greektown, where there are restaurants and pastry shops aplenty open 'til the wee hours.

We ended up at Pegasus Taverna at nearly midnight. (It was open 'til 3 a.m.!) We passed on the lamb, etc. for appetizers. I had some hummus with warm pita bread while Patrick had Keftethakia, spiced meatballs, and grilled shrimp cocktail. I polished off my hummus (and some of the shrimp) with a glass of Notios Peloponnese, a fruity red Greek wine with hints of... I'll say cherry and blackberry.

I admit that Greektown is an easy answer for places to go in downtown Detroit, but we're just learning our way around, so why not?! And it was worth it, particularly after we noticed the gleaming lights of the Astoria Bakery beckoning us as we headed back to the car around 1 a.m.

Yes, my good friends, it was open. We could not resist a chocolate-dipped chocolate muffin (for him) and a chocolate cigar, which I think is a chocolate dipped cannoli (pour moi).




So come visit the D -- day or night -- and we'll find you good food, good wine and all the chocolate you dare to eat at 1 a.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time, try the saganaki. And tell PM Dawn I said hey.