Monday, March 3, 2008

Hey, 4 a.m... long time no see.

M. is still a night owl on half the nights. That means I am reacquainting myself with hours of the night I haven't seen regularly since college.

Hello, 3:30 a.m. How ya been?

Hey, 4:30. Who invited you?

Umm, 6 a.m., I don't think I asked you over. Go away.

What? 7:30 a.m. wants to stop by, too? Well, clearly I can't say no. Let's just get up and have a party. Break out the fancy rattles. Pop in some John Coltrane. Grab the Jazz ABC book so we can do this right.


I am also reacquainting myself with naps which, being the busybody that I am, I kind of hate. But as they say: sleep when baby sleeps.

Something new, however, is sleeping in until 1 p.m. (like today) after M. finally goes to sleep or my parents take her upstairs for a few hours. (Living with the folks has its perks.)

No comments: